Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Ok, Kosh I are trying to decide between LA (where we live), Chicago (where all of my family lives), or somewhere else...

It's seeming like LA might be sensible from the perspective of being able to handle things in-person. I have very limited vacation time from work, not to mention wanting to do this on a reasonable budget, so it's not like I could take multiple trips back for tastings and fittings!

Speaking of reasonable budget... I'm starting to go into shock over venue fees. I understand that you're essentially paying for the power to be kept on, and for all of the staff to work during that time (with all of the associated costs). But $5,000 for a portion of a corner of a section of a garden (Descanso)?! Thank you, but no.

I can really see how people end up spending a literal fortune on a wedding. But I just can't stomach doing that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home