Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A dress!

I visited Chicago last weekend for my nephew's Christening. My brother and sister in law asked me to be Godmother, and I accepted, of course. He's a precious baby, and it was awesome to hang with my family.

But the wedding related news is: I found, bought, and took home a dress! In less than two hours! We went to David's Bridal (make whatever sound you like here) -just expecting to get ideas about what sort of shape and style I like. Mom and I both thought I'd end up with something from either a fashion student or a department store that we fancied up with lace and sparklies.

Well, instead of that, the 2nd dress I tried on turned out to be the perfect dress for me! And rather than dealing with any shennanigans regarding ordering a particular size and then it not fitting, or who knows what (I've heard the horror stories, believe me), I asked for the floor sample that I was wearing. So we got an additional $200 off the price! Score!

Kosh, if you somehow found this, cover your eyes: My dress is a spaghetti strapped gold lace overlay sheath with a small train! I absolutely love it.

This does mean that neither pair of shoes (below) work with the dress. We managed to find shoes for the dress -strappy gold heels (this was much harder than finding the dress!) and now all that's left is finding a suitable undergarment.

The big debate: gold or red toes?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

I vote red toes!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home